Friday, August 5, 2011

Ribbon Reel and Sketch Challenges

The Ribbon Reel is hosting a "Chantilly Lace" color challenge with this picture as inspiration:

Entrees must use WHITE OR CREAM, AQUA, PINK and a FLOWER with RIBBON and/or LACE!

This challenge ends Aug. 7.

My entry is:



For this card, I used patterned paper from the Recollections "All Seasons" paper stack and the image of the bird came from that as well (not sure where I got the polka dot paper from--it was in my scrap bin).  I cut out the bid image and adhered it to cardstock and then cut out the image to make it sturdier and more prominent on the card.  I layered it with lace and also tied a lace bow.  I added the pink flower from Making Memories "Paper Reverie Sienne" flowers (there were three different flowers in this embellishment pack).  I laced the buttons with white embroidery twine (I usually use hemp twine, but I wanted something more delicate to go along with the lace).  I added the chipboard "blessings" sentiment (not sure where that was from either--I have a random sentiment chipboard bag and I found a lovely colored sentiment to match!). 

I'm also entering this in the soon to expire CardPatterns challenge Sketch 126:http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/
This challenge ends tonight at midnight!

This lovely "blessings" card will be on sale in my Etsy shop--check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love the colors!! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is gorgeous, that flower is beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS is absolutely beautiful - those are SOME fabby colors - MEOW! I love your use of the Card Pattern's sketch for this past week - I'm DELIGHTED that you took the time to share your lovely work with us! THANK YOU! Yee Haw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love the bird image and the beautiful rose. Thanks for joiningus at The Ribbon reel this week!

    ReplyDelete