Saturday, August 6, 2011

Flourishes, Viva, and Lili of the Valley

So today I have a few challenges to tell you about and I wanted to show you my entry...

First, I'm entering the Shades of Sunset challenge which required you to use the colors of the sunset...

This challenge runs through Aug. 12 so make sure to play!

Here is my entry:





For this card, I used paper from DCWV's "The Luxury Stack" which consists of beautiful pearlized and metallic papers--they really reflect light so beautifully and I thought they would be perfect for depicting the lovely light of a sunset!  I attached the lace and then added the reddish strip of paper (with hand-drawn stitching) with 3D foam.  I cut the rose, love sentiment from my "All Seasons" paper pad by Recollections and adhered it to cardstock.  Then I cut this out so that this would be sturdier and have more dimension.  I attached it with 3D foam as well so that it is raised slightly above the lace.  I added crinkled seam binding, trinket pins, and a kaolin resin rose made by Wang's.  This lovely resin flower as well as several others I have in my embellishment stash were found at a thrift store! I just love finding odds and ends at thrift stores that I can include on my cards to make them truly one-of-a-kind items!  Finally, I added pearl stickies to two buttons and attached them to the corner with glue dots.

I'm also entering this card in the Viva La Verve sketch for this week challenge:

For this challenge, you have to do 5 sketches during the month of August to qualify.  But don't worry, you just have to have all 5 done and submitted by Sept 1!  Click here to play: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/viva-la-verve-challenges-f218/**viva-la-verve-august-week-2-%7B8-5-11%7D**-t534642.html

Also, I'm entering the Lili of the Valley's Challenge 108 http://liliofthevalleythursdaychallenge.blogspot.com/.  This challenge requires that you use roses on your card.

I hope you enjoy and come play along!  This card will be for sale in my Etsy shop!

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! I can't believe you found that resin flower at a thrift store...you lucky thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty this is! The paper rose with the resin one look lovely together! Thanks for playing at Flourishes Release challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely, feminine, and utterly romantic! Beautiful colors for the sunset challenge. I really like this combination. I'm glad you could join us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at LOTV however, to qualify for the prize draw the rules state you must use a Lili of the Valley image. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful creation, great design and colours. Thank you for sharing it with us at LOTV for our ‘roses’ challenge. However, to qualify for the prize the rules state that you must use an LOTV image. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! LOVE that simple sentiment and all your gorgeous, vintage goodies! Thanks so much for checking out my Dressy Bow Tutorial! Knowing that it helped you a little eases my anxiety over posting it all. LOL! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete