Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Joys of the Season

So I just got a new Cricut cartridge, "Joys of the Season."  This is mainly a Christmas themed cartridge, but I made a few cards today using the ballerina and bird shapes (normally used for ladies dancing and turtle doves).



The papers for this card are all from the K&Company "Julianne" paper pack.  I cut the frame and the ballerina from this new cricut cartridge I have been telling you about.  I decorated the ballerina with lace and beaded ribbon.  By bow I made with lace, beaded ribbon, and a metallic shimmer ribbon from Martha Stewart (it has a slight blue hue).  The fabric flower is from Recollections.



I'm entering this card in the Pixie Dust Paperie August Challenge "That's My Girl":
http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/08/pixie-challenge-august-2011giveaway.html

You have until Sept. 5 to enter and just need to include a girl on your project.


The green paper in this card is also from the "Julianne" paper pack and the other papers used are from the DCWV "The Luxury Stack."  The circular frame I also cut from the new cartridge.  I layered this with a paper doily that I inked to add the appearance of age.  The ballerina I decorated with lace and a pink heart gem.  I added pink seam binding, fabric flower, and green fabric leaves.





The papers for this card are from the DCWV Mariposa Stack.  I frayed and stitched the papers, then added lace, raffia ribbon (I liked this because I almost felt it created the look of a bird nest), and another flower from Recollections.

Enjoy!  These are on sale now on the Etsy site!


3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness *ALL* of these are ♥FABULOUS♥ and each soooo uniquely beautiful! i just LOVE those ballerinas! who knew they'd be on an XMAS cartridge... verrrrrrry clever of you to be checking those out "off season" so to speak! amazing and wonderful!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so pretty, love all the girly embellishment you have here, thanks for playing along with Pixie! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very pretty! Love the mix...so dainty!

    ReplyDelete