Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Few New Ones

So I just finished up this "happy" butterfly card.



I used patterend paper from Recollections "All Seasons" paper pad and the  butterfly image came from there as well. The punch border was made with a FISKARS punch.  I made the flower from some crocheted lace and the two trinket pins I made myself as well (they're so fun to make as you can use all sorts of beads and embellishments to accent the card).  I finished the detailing with some crinkled seam binding and buttons.

I'm entering this card in these challenges:
Pixie Dust Papers July Challenge: http://pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/2011/07/pixie-challenge-july-2011giveaway.html
Entries are due by Aug. 5, so you still have a couple of days if you want to participate.

Also, Viva La Verve is doing a Friday Sketch Challenge using this sketch:






Challenges for this sketch are due Sept. 1, so you can go here to enter:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/viva-la-verve-challenges-f218/**viva-la-verve-august-week-1-%7B7-29-11%7D**-t534054.html




Also just finished up this "love you" card.



For this card, I used papers from My Mind's Eye "Tres Belle" and "Paisley" collections, as well as the heart "love" image from the Recollections "All Seasons."  I added buttons, crinkled seam binding, and rhinestones to add some flair.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
The Shabby Tea Room's Week #73 challenge is to create a card using this picture as inspiration: 





The challenge ends on Aug. 7, so you can go here to participate http://theshabbytearoom.blogspot.com/







This challenge closes on Aug. 7, so go here to participate http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2011/08/mojo-monday-202-contest.html

These cards will be for sale on my Etsy website.

5 comments:

  1. These are both so beautiful! I have been struggling with the Mojo sketch this week, but you have really created something fantastic here! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely GORGEOUS, love the colors, love the butterflies, thanks for playing along with Pixie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is luscious from the papers, to the gorgeous butterflies to that amazing ribbon-and-rose confection! utterly gorgeous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards!! I love the embellishments and the butterflies :-)Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning cards beautiful work
    maxine x

    ReplyDelete