Friday, August 5, 2011

Celery, Lavender, and Gray



To make this card, I gathered together some paper scraps (not sure brand names).  I wanted to use celery, lavender, and gray for the CR84FN Color Challenge 35; my inspiration was this color palette. The flower image is from CharmedMemoryCollage's shop on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/CharmedMemoryCollage?ref=pr_shop_more.

She has some really great vintage images.  The flower image I cut from a page of my Mariposa Cardstock Stack from DCWV.  I used the Cricut machine to cut the lavender flowers and crinkled them to make them more 3D.  I threaded the buttons with either purple wire or white hemp twine.  The ribbon is a mixture of green seam binding and lavender fabric that I cut into strips to add color and a different texture. I layered lace between the two color papers and put a lavender cardstock behind the lace to peek through. The "Serenity" phrase was a clear sticker I had from some time ago, made by Miss Elizabeth's. You still have another week to play! I will enter this card into the color challenge above, as well as these others:

Anything Goes Challenge: http://www.comeandgetitchallenges.blogspot.com/

You have until 5pm Saturday to enter!

Also, Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #50 Flutterbies: http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com/

This challenge runs through Aug. 8!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Heather! Love the collage of pretty items especially that gorgeous butterfly! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on your card!

    Thanks for joining us this week for the challenge at Come and Get It!

    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, LOVE the flower image against the text and the color of your seam binding is FAB! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! And I could certainly use serenity like this!!! Great take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete